The Call of the Wind - Day Seven #BlogAThon

I am participating in the BarAThon with the blogging group, Blog a Rhythm for the weeks of June 14 to 30th. Today is the final prompt. We made it! Congratulations to my fellow bloggers and thanks for reading and supporting me. Always appreciated!


Today's prompt is "The Call of the Wind." I got my inspiration thinking about walking along Point Michaud on the Atlantic, located on the East coast of  Canada in Cape Breton, a place I love very much.



The Call of the Wind

The call of the wind is beckoning me
It reaches out from the angry sea,
With a darkening sky and clouds so low
The wind is calling and I must go,

I stand so still and let the wind blow
I should go back but my feet won’t go,
Wind rips at my hair and stings my eyes
The wind squeals and shrieks, with pitiful cries,

I stand on the beach and look at the ocean
Watching the waves with their steady motion,
Wave after wave crashes on the shore
I watch them recede on the sandy floor,

Salt spray crusts my face and hair
I’m totally drenched, but I don’t care,
The call of the wind is persuasive and strong
Drawing me in like a lover's song.

Comments

  1. That was beautifully penned but so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tulika. I revised that last line as I didn't mean for it to sound so sad. I wanted it to sound more joyous.

      Delete
  2. Loved it, Cat, but why the sad ending?
    I love the sea and the surf and the salty air and I was picturing myself there as I read your poem, till I reached the last line..:(
    Or have I misinterpreted it?

    Congratulations to us on reaching the finishing line of this challenge, Cat!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that last line is a problem, isn't it? I think I'll revise it as it wasn't really the feeling I was trying to convey. Thanks for pointing it out, Shilpa. I didn't mean it to sound tragic. I meant swept away in a passionate and exciting way but it comes out sounding tragic.

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful prose.. Loved the lines and connect with the breezy beach day and playful waves.

    Here's mine - https://www.gleefulblogger.com/2017/07/01/call-wind-time-never-stop-anyone/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat; Your poem paints a vivid image of an angry ocean. I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore. Beautiful! Sorry I missed this before. I've been playing 'hooky' from the Blogosphere this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. I've been playing hooky, too. No worries! Just saw this also.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference