Music Makes Christmas

I am participating in the Write Tribe Blogging Challenge from December 8-14.

Write Tribe


Today's topic is Music.

I just love the Christmas season. The sparkling colourful lights and decorations are so lovely and the food scrumptious. (BURP! *Loosens belt a few notches*) I love all the rituals and traditions about this time of year.

It’s wonderful to have family and friends spending time together. The world just seems a kinder and happier place at Christmas.

But what really makes Christmas for me is the music.

I sing in a women’s choir, play flute in a concert band, and with my harpist friend. This time of year we are busy doing Christmas concerts at seniors’ residences as well as our main choir concert coming up this week. There is something so wonderful about performing music with others for an audience. They enjoy it and so do we.

Here is a recording of Noel Nouvelet with me playing flute and Sharon and Lyn on harp.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Create your own slideshow


I love Christmas carols of all kinds, whether it's something sacred like O Holy Night or something secular like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

It’s all great!

Well, I could do without Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer but to each his own, right?

Music touches something deep inside, connects us and brings such joy. Without music, Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas.

What is your favourite Christmas music?

Comments

  1. I love Christmas carols too. My favorite would have to be O Holy Night. I loved hearing your recording. It was truly beautiful. What joy you must bring to others when you play! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Holy Night is one of my favourite carols. I absolutely loved your recording And the flute is my favourite instrument. You post is now featured on my Day 5 Travels post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas time is always the musical time. Love all the carols. Been Silent night been the fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are still so much into music. I used to be part of choir not anymore. Well christmas is all about music and things very pretty. My personal favourite is ave maria..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the carol themed post for the music prompt :) Festive indeed !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference