The Ballad of Harry and Sadie

I am taking part in the blogging festival going on at Write Tribe this week with the theme of Creativity and Inspiration. 
Write Tribe Festival of Words



I decided to try this challenge of incorporating all these words into a post. learning-new-words-and-their-meanings So I did what I enjoy doing and wrote them into a ballad.

The words are 

  • gainsay
  • geminate
  • hidebound
  • quidnunc
  • eternize
  • tatterdemalion
  • middling
Harold the hidebound lives alone
He doesn’t even have a phone,
He inherited his parents’ place
A middling house without much space,

He’s a tatterdemalion in a worn tweed suit
Soaked in the scent of ten-year-old Brute,
His neighbor Sadie yells across the fence
“What’s the matter Harry, you seem so tense?”

Why are you wearing that suit in this heat?”
Harry looks startled and tries to retreat,
“Not so fast, Harry,” Sadie runs to his side
“Why are you always trying to hide?”

“Can’t a guy live in peace?” he asks with a frown
She says, “Not while I’m living in this town.”
I make it my business to see and be seen
I’m Sadie, the Quidnunc Gossip Queen,”

Sadie adds colour to her lips
She smiles at Harry and wiggles her hips,
“What do you say we geminate?
In other words, Let’s go on a date!”

 “I’m a witch”, Sadie says, “I’m very clever!
I can eternize you to live forever.”
“That’s gainsay. I don’t believe it,” Harry yells
Sadie casts one of her notorious spells,

Now Harry and Sadie live in eternity
And the rest they say is history!



Comments

  1. You are so clever and creative, Cathy. Loved it! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. You're always so supportive.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous, Cathy... love it! Well done on using all the words - there's no way I could ever have done that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel. It wasn't easy to get those words in there but I just let loose and made a silly story out of them.

      Delete
  3. OMG! Cat, you are absolutely terrific, you know that? LOVED it so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Shilpa. Very sweet of you. I do have fun writing my silly rhymes. It was a challenge to get all those words in there though, that's for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference