Lord of the Files - Day Five #BarAThon

I am participating in the BarAThon with the blogging group, Blog a Rhythm for the weeks of June 14 to 30th.


Today's prompt is "Lord of the Files." I was inspired thinking of all the computer nerds I've worked with over the years in my job as a desktop publisher. Often they lacked in social skills, but on the computer they were boss and we relied on them a lot to solve our computer woes. They were definitely "Lord of the Files."




Have you seen that Martin Stiles?
Also known as Lord of the Files,
Total misfit, what a geek!
Pale and pimply, thin and weak,

He spends every moment in front of the screen
His skin all pasty, with a tinge of green,
Most folks dismiss him without a glance
They don’t even give the guy a chance,

On the computer, it’s a different story
That is when he’s in his glory,
He works in the room with the massive server
Backing up our files with amazing fervour,

We can call on him for computer grief
He comes right over to provide relief,
What a great guy is that Martin Stiles!
Also known as Lord of the Files. 

Comments

  1. I would love to Martin's number for my laptop is giving me a bit of grief.
    How beautifully and effortlessly your words rhyme, Cathy. Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shilpa. Yes, wouldn't it be great to have one of these geeky computer nerds on call 23/7 to tend to our computer problems? I would like that. These guys are invaluable. I remember we had a nerdy neighbour Frederic years ago when pcs were so new and it was all DOS. He was great in helping us as we didn't have a clue. Thank goodness for Windows and how it's more user friendly now.

      Delete
  2. Very well written. It's too easy to ignore the silent minions and too often done in reality. I was initially apprehensive with the overboard geeky description (similar to what I heard in Classy Freddie Blassie's single 'Pencil Neck Geek') but you have turned it around really well.

    Cheers, Varad. (https://looseendoftheredthread.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I could have sworn I replied to this already. Sigh. I need a computer guy to help me out. Haha! I didn't know that song you mentioned so I had to Google it. FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh and your comment.

      Delete
  3. That guy sure is an asset. Back ups is so important. Good take on the prompt Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Parul. Yes, these guys are invaluable. So what if they lack social skills. I don't mind if they fix my computer! LOL!

      Delete
  4. It's going to be chaotic without the IT guy in the office. �� they sure save the day. Wonderful write Cat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference