Stop crying, Roger!

Darn, just missed the prompt deadline. Oh well. I did it anyhow. I had fun with it.

http://writetribe.com/write-tribe-wednesday-prompt/

Here’s how it works:
Use the photograph below as your prompt.
Write your thoughts, a story, a poem on your blog.
Try to restrict the word count to about 500 words.
Use the linky below to add the link to your post (exact URL, please).
The prompt is open until next Tuesday night, i.e. 25 June 2013.
Thanks to MorgueFile for the photo (http://mrg.bz/LsH3I1). 

Stop Crying, Roger 
427 words
“Oh Roger! Stop that crying and act like a man. You’re such a big baby."

“But Mom. I always cry when Bambi’s mother gets shot. You know it’s my favourite movie.”

“Honestly. Get over it already. What are you watching that for? You’re fifty-five years old, for goodness sake.”

“I can’t help it, Mom. I like that movie. Besides, I’m a sensitive guy. All the girls say that just before they dump me.”

“Dump you? Don’t tell me Dolores dumped you? Did she? And after all that work I did matching you two up. She’s a real nice girl even if she could use some orthodontic work for those buck teeth. You’re hopeless, Roger. You really are.”

“I know. You’re right, Mom.”

“I want you to stop crying right now. Get a Kleenex and blow your nose. I bet your face is all red and swollen the way it always gets when you cry. Am I right? What if someone sees you like that? There goes your reputation! No woman is going to be attracted to you. Not that you’re much to look at even on a good day. You sure didn’t inherit my looks and unfortunately you have your father’s big nose and beady eyes, rest his soul.”

“No one can see me, Mom. I’m all alone here watching my Bambi VHS movie. Just me and my goldfish Sam.”

“So what is your problem? Tell me right now!”

“I’m too scared to stand up to someone. They’re really getting to me lately.”

“What? Is that all?”

“They make me feel so small and insignificant."

“Nonsense, you nincompoop. How do you allow someone to make you feel that way?”

“They just do and they don’t even have to work at it.”

“Well, here’s what you’ve got to do.”

“I gotta go, Mom. I smell something burning on the stove.”

“Wow, you’re actually cooking something and not having a microwave frozen dinner like you usually do. Will wonders never cease? Now listen to me. I’m about to impart my wisdom on you. Are you listening? Stop blubbering and listen to me for a minute.”

“What is it Mom?”

“Whoever this bully is in your life, get rid of them. You don’t need them making you so miserable.”

“Seriously? I’ve never heard you say that before.”

“I mean it, Roger. Life is too short for putting up with people who drive you nuts. Drop them right now and get rid of them. You’ll feel so much better.”

“Thanks, Mom. I’ll do that.”

Click....Dial tone

“Roger, are you still there?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference

TMI: 26 Things About Me #Blogfest