Take me away! 100 words on a Saturday

This 100 word story is written in response to the picture prompt below for Write Tribe's 100 words on a Saturday.

http://writetribe.com/in-on-at/



Emily wrapped the flowered comforter around her like cocoon.  She sank against the pillows, closed her eyes and sighed. The straw parasol shielded her from the blinding sunlight and she breathed in the heavy fragrance of the plumeria flowers. Waves lapped on the shore and the sea breeze gently tousled her hair. 

Any minute now Akoni would arrive to apply sunscreen to her back. He wasn’t that swift and could barely speak English, but with a bod like that, who cared?

“Madam! You have to stop doing this!”

Emily opened her eyes to see the Ikea manager glaring at her.

Comments

  1. Very nice twist, magically transported to dreams. nice take on the picture.
    Loved the ending, it changes how we read the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inderpreet. Glad you enjoyed my silly tale!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha...I'm sure I'll do the same when Ikea gets to India! Nice one, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find their displays always look so comfy, I'd love to sink right under the covers and daydream like Emily.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha...this is so cool! Great twist in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one! I did not expect that twist in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost drifted off with her :) Beautiful take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Vinodini. I always find those Ikea displays look so cosy, I'd like to snuggle under the covers.

      Delete
  6. Oh my...the twist was real good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the twist-and-turn and it's all a matter of perception. Brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow.. what a twist in the end. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference