Gratitude List for September 7
I am participating in Laurel Reagan’s weekly Gratitude Link up.
I do think these gratitude lists are the best thing for getting our mindset in the right place. When you think in a spirit of gratitude, there is no space for self pity, negativity, envy, jealousy, guilt, and self doubt. It’s not to say that those bad emotions never come back for a visit, but it’s easier to keep them at bay by thinking with gratitude.
I am grateful that...
- We got through our first week of September with new school schedules and routines.
- When I went back to Weight Watchers, my vacation didn’t make me gain too much weight.
- I am grateful that the humidity has gone and we are finally having some of those cool golden days of fall that I love so much. Today the boys and I took the nicest bike ride on the back roads and then a lovely walk with Loup, our Malamute in the woods.
- Choir started up again last Tuesday and I’m starting my 11th season which I can’t believe. I love choir so much. Also the concert band found a new director so that will be starting up soon and that makes me very happy as I wasn’t going to join if there wasn’t one.
- Sharon and I have some musical gigs coming up this fall for our group Tartan and Tea which I’m looking forward to doing.
- Being able to do all my musical endeavours make me very grateful. Music is such a wonderful gift to share with others and something you can enjoy your whole life unlike some sports and other activities.
Great list! I love music. It always provides me comfort as well as enrichment.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing and have a great week
Thanks so much, katsby. Isn't music the best? I love the joy it brings me and the joy it brings others when I do it.Delete
Love the name of your group! What kind of music do you do? I enjoyed reading your list, and congrats on keeping your weight down!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Elaine! We play gentle kind of music, mostly Celtic and some popular tunes. Nothing too grating on the nerves! I appreciate the encouragement about the weight as going to see my parents is always a challenge as that's where I learned a lot of my bad eating habits. Heheh! Luckily it was Cape Breton so I ate lots of seafood.Delete
I would love to watch you in the choir performance! Hugs! Beautiful list! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the encouragement, Aditi. The choir is so much fun and even though it's a lot of work, it's so worth it when we sound so good. And it's great to share our music with others. Our website is www.freewebs.com/villagevoices if you're interested in seeing us and hearing us sing.Delete
Cool! I'll check it out soon! :)Delete
Congrats on your musical endeavors. I too joined the gratitude link and it's been a wonderful experience.ReplyDelete
Now that the humidity is gone I think this weather is my favourite ever. I hope it lasts all the way through September!ReplyDelete
so happy for you…ReplyDelete