I truly think this is a great practice to get into. Nothing cures pity parties and negative moods better than taking stock of everything you're grateful for.
Thanks, Laurel. I'm grateful for having you as a friend and fellow creative spirit to share with.
This week I am grateful for:
- My bird feeders. Within seconds of putting up the feeders and filling them, my chickadee pals were back again and will be with me through the winter. It's a small little thing but I get such joy out of seeing birds on the feeder and even the annoying squirrel can be amusing to watch. I see he's discovered it, too and Kobie has discovered the squirrel so he finds it entertaining, too.
- Getting over my dumb cold. Nothing like being sick to make you grateful when you start to feel well again.
- Playing flute with my harpist friend Sharon in our group, Tartan and Tea, at the Morrisburg Legion on Friday night for a fundraiser for a Madagascar School. We also got treated to a delicious roast beef dinner and everyone was so helpful and kind to us.
- The library. Laurel mentioned this on her list and it reminded me of how grateful I am to have our wonderful library and be connected up to all the other libraries in Ottawa. Since I don't have a lot of money, it's great to be able to go to the library and grab a bunch of books, CDs and DVDs. If I don't like some of them, I just bring em back. Libraries are the BEST!
- Our new TV aerial. We got rid of our satellite TV since it was costing a lot and we barely ever watched it. Rory bought one of those "As seen on TV" aerials and it works just dandy. We only have a selection of channels like CBC, Radio Canada, TVO and a few others but I never watched many anyhow and there are way too many inane reality shows on these days. This works just great!
- Our new band director, Dave. It was iffy if the band would have a director this year so I am grateful that we do now. It's fun to get back playing with the band again.
Have a great week, everyone and be grateful!