Z is for the writing Zone #AtoZChallenge

It's the last day of April and the final day of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. Yay! I made it all the way through. 

Since I like winging it and writing my post on the day it's due, I never know for sure if I'll complete it but I'm happy to say I did all 26 posts.

Turn off Facebook and turn off the phone
It’s time to get into the writing zone,
I long to feel myself drift away
And forget my troubles of the day,

Getting in the zone is not that easy
I even get a wee bit queasy,
What if it’s garbage and sounds really bad?
Wasting time always makes me mad,

And then it happens, I’m in the zone
My world takes on a different tone,
Time stands still and I cease to hear
All the sounds, both far and near,

In the zone, I feel the bliss
Like a lover’s magical kiss,
The words start to flow, I get them down fast
Who knows how long the zone will last?

It’s like nothing else I’ve ever known
When I lose myself in the writing zone!

Do you believe in the writing zone? If so, how do you get yourself into that zone?




I am participating in the A to Z Challenge writing a blog post for every day in April, except Sundays. http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

Here are my previous posts for the challenge:

A is for Andante or Allegro, which one are you?

B is for Beauty of Birds
C is forMy Favourite Words begin with C
D is for It's Still a Delightful Day!
E is for Elusive Eloise
F is for Forgive and Forget
G is for Guilt
H is for Holiday in your Head
I is for Introverts can have Impact and Influence
J is for Jack and Jill
K is for Katie the Klutz 
L is for Lollygagging
M is for Magical Moments
N is for Never Again 

O is for Object 
P is for Picture Perfect 
R is for Romance 
S is for Squirrel 
T is for Thoughts 
U is for Unplugged 
V is for Verse 
W is for Weight/Wait 
X is for Xenophobia 
Y is for Yolanda Can't Stop Yawning


Comments

  1. I simply love the way your words flow... so easily and so meaningfully.
    I love it when you are in your writing zone. Oh, I like your photography zone too :D
    Congratulations for successfully completing the challenge, Cathy! Loved reading your smooth rhyming verses. It was great to have your company during this challenge. Cheers ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments, Shilpa! Congratulations to you, too, on finishing the challenge. I enjoyed reading your flash fiction with a criminal twist. They were great.

      Delete
  2. Yayy! I am so happy for you, Cat! You did it! 26 posts in 26 days....not missing a single one!Good for you, girl!
    As far as the Zone is concerned....I have been out of it all for quite a long time, but now need to get into it all over again. I need to get my bearings, coz it's only then that I will be able to dive headlong into my writing and feel the bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find that zone again, Shilpa. I find I'm in and out of it constantly and that's just the way it is. I have dry spells and then very productive ones. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  3. The writing zone is a great place to be
    When it comes to the muse, it usually finds me
    Except in the case of the A to Zee
    Then it's nose to the grindstone. You see?

    I admire those of you who can produce brilliant pieces on the spur of the moment, Cathy. That's what you call natural talent. Your A to Z posts have all been fun and interesting. Congratulations for completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your poem, Debbie! You're a natural! What fun! It made me smile. Thanks for the support throughout the challenge. I've enjoyed your posts, too. So nostalgic and fun.

      Delete
    2. Credit the muse, not me. ☺ Thank you for your frequent visits and wonderful comments, Cathy. Glad you enjoyed the theme. I'm way behind with responses, but hope to catch up this week

      Delete
  4. You are one of the most amazing writers I know, Cat! And your gift of writing poetry--superb.

    The writing zone is my favorite place
    Slow or fast, I love the pace
    I never get bothered by the race
    And always end up with a smile on my face

    Hehehhe

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute and upbeat poem, just like you, Vidya! Thanks for the kind words and support! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  5. I like being in the zone... Undisturbed ��
    Congrats on completing the challenge, I will try to catch up with your posts ��enjoyed reading your smooth flowing poems ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raj and congratulations to you, too! Appreciate the support and kind words. I enjoyed your posts, too. Wish I'd read more of them. Hard to keep up with everyone. Sigh!

      Delete
  6. Oh, reading this made me miss being part of the atoz this year! Its so fun! Seems you did so well my friend! Hats off:-) This one was great - zones are great - I was in a completely offline travel zone many days of april and loved that too. being in my writing zone I love too though:-) Sending you warm hugs dear Cat:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference