C is for Chocolate


Today is the letter C in the A-Z challenge.

Since I was torn between writing about chocolate or cats, I couldn’t resist using this zany orange cat picture created by the clever and creative photographer John Lund.

I know I should have used my own photo but when I tried to get Rosie to hold a box of chocolates, she never even budged.


So I wrote the poem and that was my creative effort for today’s challenge.

Hmmm, Creative. There’s another great  C word. There are so many to choose from.

I thought about Coffee, too, another great C word. Hmmmm, Coffee Break time. Don’t mind if I do. See ya!






I think every day is a box of chocolates day
Who knows what we’ll get when we pick from the tray?
Some days are nutty and some days are sweet
Some days are so bitter they knock you off your feet,
Coconut, nougat or orange cream?
Vanilla swirl or strawberry dream?
Such delicious moments, so full of flavour
Those are the days we love to savour,
Take a big bite and give it a taste
Don’t let this chocolate day go to waste,
Each day can be a sweet chocolate day
When you look for your favourites on the tray!

Comments

  1. I am such a chocolate person!! :) I love the cat serving chocolates pic and the poem!! Especially the poem--well done!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by, Jenn. Much appreciated and I'm happy you liked my poem about my favourite thing, chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Life is truly a box of chocolates, Cat. Love the poem and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corinne. Yes, I love visualizing life like a box of chocolates. I'm a chocaholic! Thanks for stopping by. Must check out your blog, too.

      Delete
  3. Chocolate was my first thought, too. I so love chocolate, but I can't eat it because I'm diabetic. Phooey! But I loved the pics and the poem especially. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face (especially after writing my 'C').

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary. Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the kind words. I will have to check out your C post, too.

      Delete
  4. Chocolate is a great one. I did coffee. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is great, too, Talya. Must take a look at your blog post. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Love the orange cat - but your poem may me yearn for chocolate - and I don't have any in the house - grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better take a trip for chocolate. It's an emergency for sure! EEK! ;)

      Delete
  6. Great post and poem. I just ended my Lenten chocolate fast, so I'm happily indulging again. I take mine with tea, though, not coffee! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea or coffee go great with chocolate. YUM!Thanks for stopping by, Elaine!

      Delete
  7. I have so gone off chocolate. It feels weird to say that. Also, isn't chocolate poisonous to cats? I know my Little Juan would eat it if I let him *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you seriously think I'd let the cat have any of MY CHOCOLATE? NO WAY! That cat won't get any, you can rest assured. ;) Seriously though, I wanted to write about chocolate and cats and this was the only way I could think of combining them.

      Delete
  8. My life is like a Snickers bar, it makes me chuckle; however, I rather is be more like Pay Days with lot of kisses.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of life like a Snickers bar. Thanks for dropping in, Joyce!

      Delete
  9. Brilliant Cathy!! Love it! *grins* as she reaches for the last of her husband's little easter eggs that she gave HIM! The Easter Bunny is next! Great poem - thanks!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Bonnnoel (note the 2 n's this time? ;)) You made me smile about the Easter chocolate for hubby. Hehe!

      Delete
  10. Love the poem.... can you tell I like chocolate??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew YOU could relate with a name like that, Chocolattez! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference