L is for Life

I must admit I did not use my own photo this time for the challenge. I had no lemons to photograph and I sure don't have any lovely lemon trees like this one outside my door. Just neverending snow! Sigh. It is spring, isn't it? You'd never know if you looked out my window. Good thing we Canadians love winter. HA!

So I borrowed a photo from morguefile.com, and used a photo from beglib. Thanks, beglib, I owe you one! http://morguefile.com/creative/beglib

I was lying in bed this morning when this poem came to me partly written. I felt like a scribe getting it all down and then all I needed to do was tweak it to make it smoother. I am grateful when that happens as many times it doesn't come that easily and I write a ton of garbage before I get something I like.


When life hands you lemons make lemonade
Sit and enjoy a glass in the shade,
When life hands you lollipops, take a good lick.
But don’t lick too much or you’re sure to get sick,
When life hands you losers, let them go
Get rid of them with the old heave ho,
When life hands you laughter, laugh hard and long
There is no sweeter sounding song,
When life hands you leisure make sure to partake
Relax in a chair by the side of the lake,
When life hands you loneliness reach out to others
We’re in this together like sisters and brothers,
When life hands you love, you must reciprocate
And then you will always be free of hate.






Comments

  1. Lovely, Cat. I'm going to save this one to read again and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Corinne. Kind of you. Thanks for your lovely comments. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I love this poem, which says a lot from me because I'm not big on poetry.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poem!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoroughly enjoyed! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference