S is for Singing

Singing is much better than any pill
I’m in a place where time stands still,
All my worries fade away
Singing is a time to play,
Singing brings out such emotion
It soothes me like a magic lotion,
Singing connects me to my soul
Pushing me to a higher goal,
I feel such joy in every song
Singing is where I belong.

I have been in the Village Voices Women's Choir for almost 9 years now. www.freewebs.com/villagevoices

It has been such an enriching experience being able to share with a group of supportive women, all united to create beautiful music. We work hard but we have fun, too. Our passionate and incredible director, Karen pushes us further than we think we can go and we're always amazed to realize we actually did it. Our accompanist Tina is so talented and makes us sound so good. I feel so fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful group.

And I love being able to share our music with audiences, whether in seniors' residences, nursing homes, or at our concerts. Our main Spring concert is coming up on April 28th so we're getting ready for that and practicing hard.

As our motto says,   "Singing is cheaper than therapy."

Here is a Smilebox video I created of us singing "All the Pretty Little Horses" at our most recent concert at Oak Park Residence in Ottawa this past Saturday. I used photos I took on a bike trip last spring of a nearby farm and all its "Pretty Little Horses."

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow customized with Smilebox

Comments

  1. Another creative skill add to your ever growing list, Cat? :) Singing truly is so much better than a pill! :)
    PS: Loved the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and being so encouraging, Corinne!

      Delete
  2. Love this! And love the video - lovely song/voices. This brings back choir memories for me. I joined choir in high school and on the first day we sang Morning Has Broken. I was hooked from that moment on and participated in several ensembles and a sweet adeleine group. I believe I was the weak link but nevertheless, I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't choir the best, Talya? Glad my post brought back good memories for you.

      Delete
  3. When ever I sing, someone hushes me.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahhhh - not getting any sound???? Lovely piece and poem and want to hear the music! Can see the video, but can't hear you sing! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. Want me to send it to your email?

      Delete
  5. I was involved in choir all through school and loved it. This brought back such lovely memories.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poem... and would love to listen to the music... but alas ..no sound...one of my earliest memories is of loving to sing...especially Christmas Carols....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference