Friday, April 25, 2014

Apologies to Letter V


Dear Letter V,

I was full of vim and vigour first thing this morning with visions of writing beautiful verse or a wonderful version of a story, but my Muse Vivian vanished and took a temporary vacation. She left me feeling so vulnerable with a bunch of lame verse and prose of no value whatsoever. *Sad violins play*

I am very vexed that my Muse Vivian was off with her vapid friends. Talk about a violation of her contract. And to vex me further, she broke my favourite Venitian vase. I may need to take some Valium.

Later I heard Vivian’s vocal talents down at Vernon’s Village Pub. She’d definitely been into the Vino!

So much for opening a vein and letting the blood pour onto the page today. It ain’t gonna happen.

So I'm off to Italy in my imagination to visit Venice . Maybe I will ask for help from the Goddess Venus since Vivian is so useless.

So sorry V. Nothing personal.

Love Cat

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You betcha! Some days the writing just doesn't flow no matter how much stuff you write. I wrote pages of stuff, all of it crap. Oh well. It happens. Thanks for stopping by, Liz.

      Delete
  2. Venice is a good place to go in one's imagination. Hope you've had a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy. I managed to get my W post done quite easily this morning with the help of my new Muse, Kobie, the laptop cat.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the very varied vestiges of V that you brought out in this post :) You got a rocking post right there. V should be happy ;)

    ReplyDelete