N is for Now


Today my N word is Now and here is a poster I made combining a photo I took this morning and a very timely quote by Ralph Waldo Emmerson.

I'm trying a different kind of poem today instead of my usual rhyming ones that I tend to like writing. I did a bit of research thanks to my trusty pal, Google and decided to try writing a Pantoum Poem about "Now." 

I found an explanation and example of a Pantoum Poem at this link. Fun to try something different NOW and then.

https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/types-pantoum

A Pantoum is a type of poem with a verse form consisting of three stanzas. It has a set pattern within the poem of repetitive lines.

The pattern in each stanza is where the second and fourth line of each verse is repeated as the first and third of the next. The pattern changes though for the last stanza to the first and third line are the second and fourth of the stanza above (penultimate). The last line is a repeat of the first starting line of the poem and the third line of the first is the second of the last.  I numbered my lines to show it better.

(1) Now is all we have
(2) The time to act is now
(3) Don’t dwell in the past
(4) Don’t worry about the future

(2) The time to act is now
(5) This time will not come again
(4) Don’t worry about the future
(6) Live in the moment

(5) This time will not come again
(3) Don’t dwell in the past
(6) Live in the moment
(1) Now is all we have.


Comments

  1. Awesome. Each stanza is filled with so much truth. Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. Thought it was fun to try something different.

      Delete
  2. I love the poem. Very inspirational. I have absolutely no idea about the whole structure thing. Goes way over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Loni, which is why I was glad they showed a numbered example to follow. Something different from my usual rhyming scheme.

      Delete
  3. Interesting structure! Thanks for the education. ☺ I also agree with the poem. No time like the present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very novel structure. I like the rhythm that you have worked into the words, Cat. Ingenious. The words themselves, so simple, yet so powerful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shailaja. I like the repetition of the lines, too as they created emphasis. Was fun to try something new.

      Delete
  5. I loved the refrains... Lovely poetry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the internal rhyme in this poem and the message! Lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aditi. I had fun trying the different poetry form.

      Delete
  7. Is this a form that pandas use? just wondering. Pandas enjoy poetry. Visiting from the A to Z :) http://yourbrainonpandas.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting - on both accounts. The structure and the message.

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference