I is for Idiom Romance


“Are you waiting for someone? You’ve been here a while. Or are you out on the town by yourself?”

“Yes, I’m meeting a guy here, not that it’s any of your business.”

“My, you have a chip on your shoulder, don’t you?”

“I don’t like nosy people is all.”

“It could be a blessing in disguise.”

“What do you mean?”

“Good men are a dime a dozen. Take me for instance. I’m available.”

“Oh, put a sock in it. You’re barking up the wrong tree.”

“Stop being such a Fuddy-Duddy. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. What do you say we make hay while the sun shines?”

“No thanks. You’re not playing with a full deck. Besides, we’re not on the same page, you and I. You don’t even know me.”

“Why not get to know me while you’re waiting? Variety is the spice of life.”

“Thanks, but I’ll take a raincheck.

“I’m a nice guy, honestly. You act as if I’m from Skid Row or something. Okay. I give up. The ball is in your court."

“That’s it. I’m leaving. I’ve had enough of you.”

“Look, I’m sorry. Can we start again? And by the way, I’m going out on a limb here saying this, but I think you are even more beautiful in person than online.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re Emma?”

“Yes, that’s right. How do you know that?”

“I’m Tom. The Internet date you’ve been waiting for.”

“Oh my God, really? You don't look like your photo. I’m so sorry, Tom. We got off on the wrong foot."

“It was my fault, all of it. I was just pulling your leg. Sorry to be so over the top.”

“That’s okay. You’re off the hook. Can we start from scratch?”

Comments

  1. Haha... Hilarious and beautifully written :) I couldn't get enough of it.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love it. That was an excellent compilation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of cliches and a fun story too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woa that it's just brilliant :D enjoyed reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I follow your blog? I cannot seem to find a button anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bani. I must admit I didn't know how to add the gadget so I had to read up on it. I managed to add the Google+ gadget for followers.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. This is just what I needed - I am so tired of reading not to use metaphors in writing... this is perfect, but I have to admit I like her character a bit more than his :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference