P is for Porridge Pot


Cleaning the porridge pot is not for the meek
It takes special cleaning staff,
Separating the strong from the weak
Like separating wheat from chaff,

So gummy and sticky, you could use it for glue
That porridge is amazing gloop,
You could fix up the sole on that old busted shoe
Or make some Porridge soup,

Off it goes into the compost bin
But wait, don’t be so hasty,
I’ve heard porridge is good for the skin
And the remnants are very tasty,

Pease Porridge Hot or Pease Porridge Cold
I won't clean a dirty pot that's nine days old!

Comments

  1. FUNNY -- I related as well. Can you imagine a pot that is nine days old?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you just imagine, Carol? UGH! I always found that nursery rhyme strange imagining them eating porridge that old. I find it bad enough on the day it's made.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha. We don't make porridge, but I just had the vision of 9-day-old porridge combined with a facial. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great for the skin, Loni after it's congealed and gone crusty! You should try it! I'm not a huge porridge fan but Hubs loves it as it appeals to his Scottish ancestry and sense of cheapness.

      Delete
  3. Nice, Yes I've had many a moment when that pot has driven me crazy. Hot water, soap and a good soaking usually does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gross thing to clean, isn't it Suzy? One of my less favourite cleaning jobs and I don't even eat the stuff!

      Delete
  4. Yuk. That looks like a job, Suzy.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty brutal but I'm tough and can handle it.

      Delete
  5. :O That looks brutal and tough.. I pity my mom and others who face this daily

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Good one. ☺ Yes, oatmeal makes a great facial.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference