D is for Doodling

I can’t stop doodling no matter how hard I try
You non-doodlers are probably wondering why,
Doodle, doodle all day long
Something this fun can’t be wrong,
Doodling is so good for stress
Easy to do and there’s no mess,
There are no rules about doodling, just so you know
You pick up a pencil and away you go,
Even a pen or a crayon will do
Your choice of paper is up to you,
The back of an envelope, a post it note
A scrap of paper in your winter coat,
Puppies, kittens, a string of pearls
Stars, and moon, and lots of swirls,
Arrows, faces, hearts and leaves
Little girls wearing puffy sleeves
Doodle, doodle, doodle all day long
I’m just singing the doodling song!
Isn't this doodle the best you've seen?
Just call me the Doodle Queen!


Here is a doodle I did on a pink Post-it Note with a black ballpoint pen. 
Do you like to doodle, too?



Comments

  1. I can't imagine doodling like that -- I can't even read my grocery lists. That is art, NOT doodling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just fooling around with my doodles. I find it freeing as I'm not trying to be too serious about it as I had to be in art school. Thanks for stopping by, Carol!

      Delete
  2. I love to doodle. Helps me concentrate sometimes. Cute doodle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Talya. I think doodling has a bad reputation and is good for us. Thanks for stopping in. Hope you're having a great April with all your fun writing stuff you're doing.

      Delete
  3. That's a very nice doodle. I had no idea you were doing the blog challenge too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana! Yep, I'm doing it again. I must check out your blog. Thanks for saying hi.

      Delete
  4. You're a better doodler than I am. I think it's magnificent that you are a doodler. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're a good doodler, too. There are no rules about it. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  5. That's such a cute doodle. I don't because ...ah well, am not as much an artiste as you are! Lovely doodle here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no rules about doodling, Kajal. I find it very freeing that way. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  6. Doodle Queen indeed! I bow to thee! My doodles are just lines, stars and crosses...nothing remotely artistic as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PB! Lines, stars and crosses are great! Go for it! Thanks for your lovely comments!

      Delete
  7. Cuteeeee one.. I can never doodle so well :'(

    Stri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doodle too, but my doodles are not as artistic as yours! I like to make some patterns or symbols!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your doodles. It is kind of relaxing. Creating art makes me so happy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference