L is for Legendary Leftover Loup



I’m known around these parts as Legendary Loup
Yes, online admirers, it’s really true,
Handsome and rugged, fierce and strong
Able to growl or burst into song, 
Arf, arf, roooooooo!
Cathy likes to call me Leftover Loup
What’s a scavenging dog to do?
With all the garbage I pick up around here
I could be a sanitation engineer,
So many treats, so little time
Just thinking about it is sublime,
Spring thaw is the best time to find a treat
So many yummy things to eat,
A stale donut, a worn out shoe
Rotten fries of a greenish hue,
A half-eaten hamburger in a cardboard box
Gotta grab it before the fox,
Legendary Leftover Loup, that’s me
I’m an amazing doggie as you can see!

Comments

  1. Wow.. a so lovely poem ;)

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loup sounds like a truckload of fun :) Loved the verse, Cat :D

    ~Shailaja's latest A~Z post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, a truckload of fun is a good description of what he's like, Shailaja. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. He does look awesome. Wonderful write yup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rajlakshmi. He's quite the dog alright. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous animal! I'll admit I cringed at the "rotten fries of a greenish hue". My stomach turned just a little there. Entertaining poem though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to nuzzle into his fur. What an absolute sweetheart. Enjoyed the poem -- you painted a great word picture. I think he will like our W is for Willow - a rescued Husky/Wolf cross from the Arctic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good looker Cat and love ur poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Huskies! Alaskan huskies to be exact. They are SO beautiful. I've never had the good fortune to own one - on my bucket list when I retire to be able to devote all of my time to doggies (the kids will be grown)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the poem, Cat!!! He is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's gorgeous! Your poem made me smile. too. ☺ So many dogs like to "dine out" in this manner. Always a concern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loup is the worst when he picks up garbage, Debbie. You try and yank it out of his mouth and he growls and won't let go. He is quite a stubborn dog and not always easy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference