Facing Failure

I didn't write anything good today which made me feel like a bit of a failure. Some days are like that. I'm fairly rusty after not writing much for quite some time. I must be patient and keep practicing in the hopes that it will gradually come back.

Since I do want to post something every day for the challenge, I decided to post this lovely fall sky with an inspiring quote about failure on it instead. I feel like Thomas Edison as I look at my MS Word document full of ideas that went nowhere. Oh well! It happens.



Hopefully inspiration will return tomorrow as it wasn't around much today and my writing time is up for now.

I am writing a blog post a day for the NaMo challenge at YeahWrite for every day of November. http://yeahwrite.me/november-2015/
 

Comments

  1. Don't beat yourself up! This is about the exercise of writing. Of just doing it. Not everything will be perfect. You got this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacie. I appreciate the support. Yes, you are right. Just the exercise of writing is important.

      Delete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself, Cat. ☺ You published a blog post and it's a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. You're always so supportive and I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's just not there and that's ok. I like to go for a walk when that happens. A lot of times something will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your understanding. Yes, going for walks is a great idea. Just a change of scenery and exercise really helps for inspiration.

      Delete
  4. Don't worry, the rhymes would flow again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Raj. Hopefully my rhyming muse will return along with my fiction muse. They're off partying somewhere.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Cat, don't you worry. And, please do not think about yourself as a failure because you couldn't come up with a post today! We all have such days. Cheer up, sweetie! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your understanding, Shilpa. Nice doing the challenge with you. We must support each other on those tough days.

      Delete
  6. hugs!! And cheer up! It happens to the best of us!!
    I'm sure you will feel better soon!! hugs!

    This entire year my writing has been mediocre.. but I'm glad that my writing and I haven't given up completely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference