Talking a walk



Today my friend and I took a walk by the Castor River and across a farmer’s muddy field. I took lots of photos in the bright sunshine trying to capture a cloud of tiny black and white birds who would disappear into the furrows and then fly back up again like one entity. I tried to take a photo of them but didn’t have much luck. You can see the white spots of the birds but it's not that clear.


We found some abandoned shovels and took photos of us with them by the river.


Then we went back to my friend’s house and I noticed hulu hoops hanging from the tree branches. My friend said she’s been throwing them into the branches as a game since her kids were small. Some hulu hoops had been there for 20 years she said. So zany and fun I had to take a picture. I like quirky stuff like that.

It was good to get out and walk in Nature and enjoy the fresh air and exercise. What a lovely November it’s been for weather! Usually it’s so cold and miserable. 

Still thinking about my mom a lot and the pain of loss sometimes hits me with such intensity. The knowledge that I will never see her again is the saddest thing ever. Glad I have lots of wonderful memories to sustain me in these days of grieving.

I am writing something every day for the Yeah Write NoMo Challenge for November. http://yeahwrite.me/november-2015/

Comments

  1. The knowledge that I will never see her again...yes, that.
    The walk through nature was a wonderful idea. And with a friend, even better. My thoughts remain with you and will for a long time. My life will never be the same as it was before Momma went home to Dad on September 9, 2014. Fourteen months without her face...so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pain of the loss hits me with such an intensity....I read the last para and I felt my heart stop for a while! Cat, I remember how scared you were of losing your parents. I can't imagine what you must be going through since losing your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference