The Crow





I like sitting high up on my perch
It’s higher than a steeple on a church,
I can see for miles up here
Especially when the sky is clear,

Humans are a funny bunch
I like to watch them eat their lunch,
I watch and wait til the time is right
I spread my wings and then take flight,

I swoop right down before their eyes
And give them all a big surprise,
They drop their burgers and their wine
And bingo, now their lunch is mine!


I am writing something every day for the Yeah Write NoMo Challenge for November. http://yeahwrite.me/november-2015/

Comments

  1. oh the seagulls here are exactly like this. They totally love those McD chips. Enjoyed reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Seagulls really are rats with wings, aren't they, Raj? I like them, though, just like I like crows and pigeons. They all may be scavengers but they are true survivors.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Crows do give me a scare sometimes. Cute rhyme! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be creepy for sure and they are a symbol of death. I admire them though. They are very shrewd and smart. Real survivors.

      Delete
  3. That was a fun read dear Cat- loved seeing "us" from the crow's point of view...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, Cat - when I was in the 6th grade, I joined a boarding school. I felt quite lonely the first week and remember my first day there - I was sitting near the Grotto with a pack of cookies and dreaming, when a crow swooped down and snatched it away. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NaNiMo is one of my favourite contests for writers. I started from a novel writing myself, and i coulndn't even imagine that my passion for writing became my main profession and i will write essays for money. I'm really glad that contest like that exist, and helping to discover talant in others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference