Mannequins



I love taking photos of mannequins almost as much as lawn statues. This group in particular I like as they have such classic features like the Greek god statues.

 
They are much more interesting to look at than the headless mannequins or the ones with egg heads and no features. I do like this fun outfit though!

 
I like these ones. You can tell the designer had fun with these mannequins. Very festive!


I especially like these two women together and can’t help thinking that they’re gossiping about me as I take their photo. If I were to eavesdrop on their conversation, it might go like this.

“OMG! Get a load of that one.”

“I know. Can you believe it?”

“What is that ghastly orange coat she’s wearing? She looks like a pumpkin. Doesn’t she know Halloween was last week?”

“She shops at Value Village, you can tell.”

“Poor girl. She could never afford to shop here.”

“Not only that. She wouldn’t fit into the sizes either. She could use to lose a few pounds.”

“Only a few?”

“Face it. Not everyone can be as perfect as us.”

“So true. But we do have a secret weapon, don’t we?”

“We do. Mannequins never eat. How else can we achieve this pale thin look?”


I am writing something every day for the Yeah Write NoMo Challenge for November. http://yeahwrite.me/november-2015/


Comments

  1. Now I know why those mannequins are so slim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And pale! Heheh! Thanks for stopping by, Nancy!

      Delete
  2. I say they have a very unfair advantage, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, don't they? But what a dull life having to stand in the same spot all the time. At least they have a nice wardrobe!

      Delete
  3. I would have never noticed these mannequins walking by the window. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm weird how I like things like mannequins and lawn ornaments. They're so quirky and kitschy that I like them. Thanks for commenting. Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  4. What a fun read! And the gossip, am all ears! :) You are very creative, Cat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference