Not for the Faint of Heart

I used this week's prompt at Yeah Write about "Where's your heart?" as the starting inspiration for this poem using heart idioms. Amazing how many idioms there are related to the heart.




Not for the Faint of Heart

Hard-hearted Tom broke my heart in two
When he left me for a girl named Pru,
My heart ached for such a long, long time
Trying to recover was an uphill climb,

I picked up the pieces of my heart
And tried to make a brand new start,
I met kindhearted Joe while on a train
He held an umbrella while we walked in the rain,

I can tell Joe has a heart of gold
Unlike Tom whose heart is cold,
I followed my heart and married Joe
Now I’m happy and my heart’s aglow!


I am writing something every day for the Yeah Write NoMo Challenge for November. http://yeahwrite.me/november-2015/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference