The Power of Good always triumphs over Bad

Today I can't help thinking about Facebook and its power to connect people from all around the globe.

I have connected with fellow writers, fellow animal lovers and many others just for fun and friendship. I love how I have been able to make so many wonderful friends and I’ve been lucky enough to meet many in person, too. 

Unfortunately, Facebook can also have its dark side where people can pretend to be someone they’re not or be critical and judgemental without worry of any repercussions. They hide behind their screen and feel free to say whatever they want even if it’s mean, judgemental and untrue.

I was a witness to this kind of behaviour today and it shocked me. My friend was harshly criticized and judged by another woman in several mean Facebook comments. My friend who received the mean messages was terribly hurt and is even considering shutting down her account.

On the positive side, the outpouring of love and support my friend received from her other Facebook friends reassured me that good always wins out over bad. Once again, my faith in the goodness of humanity has been restored.

Facebook is a place where people should feel supported and welcomed. It’s a place to laugh and share, not judge and find fault.

I truly wish that mean people like this lady would slither back under the rock where they came from. Where’s the DISLIKE button for her posts? On second thought, one DISLIKE button wouldn’t be enough!

Here is a great quote from Charles Dickens that sums up my thoughts perfectly.

“I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.” 

~Charles Dickens~ 

Comments

  1. It is very sad when something like this happens... the repercussions are probably far worse for this 'other' person.... many have lost respect for her and what she is trying to say and do... many have unfriended her... I do not know her.. but I think she must be pitied as well... Our friend will always have friends and advocates... she attracts the positive and the beautiful to her by her loving and caring nature.... she can only be enriched by her friendships and the outpouring of support.... sadly... this other person has lost her way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so right that this person has lost their way and deserves our pity more than our spite. Good point.

      Delete
  2. By the way... you are one of the enrichers... and supporters... and I love you for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are, too, ChocolattezMA. You're the best!

      Delete
  3. I find Facebook great for catching up with friends and family and making new ones. I agree that it can turn so nasty and negative at times. I read posts sometimes, and they change my opinion of the writer so much that I can't bear to read their posts and often "unfriend". Time is too short for negativity and cruelty. I have seen the jump all over the person mentality, and it reminds me of grade school and people hiding behind a computer screen. That is a great quote you used. Love Dickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you, Winnie. You're so right that time is too short for negativity and cruelty. We're all in this together and should love and support each other, online and in person.

      Delete
  4. My mother always said that if I didn't have something nice to say I should keep my mouth shut. I live by those words. There is ALWAYS something nice to say and if not...it is not worth the effort to say because what will being cruel or negative gain? Nothing. I enjoy sharing my posts on Face Book and connecting with friends. Great quote from Dickens!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that the triumph of good always wins over bad though some people wouldn't agree. However, glad to know it was in your friend's case even though she had to put up with mean comments. I concur with Charles Dickens: "I hope for real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.” :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference