The Bridge

I am writing this to the picture prompt for Wordy Wednesday at Blog A Rhythm. We're supposed to write a minimum of 100 words. 

Since I like the challenge of writing to an exact word count, I made it exactly 100 words.


Two men are walking towards Heaven’s Pearly Gates.

First Man: I can’t wait to get to Heaven. It’s gonna be great! Nobody is as good a Christian as I am. A crowd is gonna be waiting to welcome me.

Second Man: I know you. In life, you were an evil, selfish man who hurt many people.

First Man: Lies, all lies! 

The bridge crumbles and the first man falls into the fiery Hell below.

AAGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

The bridge reappears and the second man continues walking to Heaven’s Gates.

Second Man: That’s what you get for building walls instead of bridges, Donny. 

Comments

  1. LMAO!! That was great, Cathy. Thanks for the laugh. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes around, truly comes around!

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last statement clinched the deal ! It beautifully supplements the bridge in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like! And I know several people who are in similar circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even before the end, I had an inkling that it was the great Trump :P
    Nice one, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! The end was totally unexpected! I wasn't even thinking of him! :D
    Brilliantly written, Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahha! Brilliant!! Actions count for so much more than simply marking attendance at Church!

    moderngypsy.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference