Slipping Away #BarAThon

My son Eric and I are visiting my dad in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia on the East Coast of Canada.

One of our favourite things to do each night is go down to the shore of the Bras d’Or Lake and watch the sunset.

I like to take loads of photos as the sun slips away below the horizon of the mountain. It goes so quickly that we can watch as it disappears.


Since the sudden death of my mother last November, the fragility of life is much more on my mind. I can’t help wondering how many more sunsets I will see.

All our lives are fragile, hanging by a thread between life and death. 

There are no guarantees we will see another sunset and we must appreciate every day we get.

The sun blazes, so bold and bright
Descending quickly towards the night,
Sparkling on the water in a brilliant display
Marking the end of another day,

How many more sunsets will we see?
That is something we can’t forsee,
Fragile lives, going by so fast
Enjoy each sunset as if it’s your last.



I am participating in the Blog-a-rhythm Blogathon, a 7 day blogging festival. 
I am with Team #BlueLagoon
Day 3 prompt is Fragile Lives

Comments

  1. Oh yes, it's in moments like these we realize how life is a lot more fragile than we think. It is so important to live each moment, cherish the relationships we share and enjoy the beauty of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put!
    Isn't it sad how we need to experience loss to start counting our gains?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and yet we forget again and again

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pleasure reading your poems. You out it down so elegantly how we need to appreciate and be grateful for each and every moment in our fragile lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed such fragile is life! Gorgeous captures Cat. It's been raining here non stop and I am longing to see a beautiful sunset like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, Cat. Life is so temporary. Hugs! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate the sincerity of your thoughts but wouldn't it be more positive if we looked forward to more sunrises?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference