I know people view dandelions as annoying weeds, but I like them. I especially like the defiance of this dandelion how it is growing right up through the patch of these blue flowers. It's not afraid to stand out in the crowd.
Please come like my Facebook page Positive Thoughts and Gratitude where I share inspirational posters of my photos combined with favourite quotes. Hope you enjoy them!
Let's hear it for dandelions, eh, Loni? My lawn is covered in them. I'm sure my neighbours are staring out their windows in dismay. Dandelions are a no no around here. Rusty broken down cars are okay though. Figure that one out.
I was surprised when I found out dandelions were weeds because I reckon they can be quite pretty...yellow and bright and make you smile. What more do you want?? :)
This is the third year I’ve signed up for the A-Z Challenge. It’s always such an exciting time as we all create and share our posts. The last two years I haven’t had a theme but this year I thought I’d try doing one for a change. Today is Theme Reveal Day where we all unveil our ideas for the A-Z challenge that begins in less than ten days. I have decided to do the theme of Quotations and will create an inspirational poster combining my photos with a quotation, based on a word starting with a letter of the alphabet. If I feel even further inspired about the quotation, I will write a poem or prose piece to accompany it. Unlike many of you organized types, I have not written any posts ahead of time, but I did make a list of possible ideas so for me that’s planning ahead. I have always been a pantser-type writer which can often be stressful, but also exciting as I’m never quite sure how the writing will come out. I believe there is an element of luck and magic...
Today I am trying the prompt at NaPoWriMo Day Six and wrote an aubade , a poem from an old French poetic style of long ago. Usually an abade takes place at sunrise and is about lovers saying farewell. It was fun to try a different type of poem like this. I made mine into a ballad story form. I am also doing the A-Z Challenge and am doing E for Emotions. I am connecting the two challenges together and using my aubade ballad about the lovers since it shows a range of emotions from lust, love, and jealousy to hate and revenge. For my inspirational poster, I combined my emotions quote with a photo I took the other day of the sunrise over the trees. “Why must you leave?” asks the Shepherd, As he sees his lover rise, “I must be gone,” says Princess Brianne “To be seen with you is unwise.” Brianne dashes off with extra speed Ahead of the morning light, She cannot let on to the King Where she spent the night, The shepherd is unwillin...
This cartoon certainly touched a nerve this morning and triggered an outpouring of emotion that has evolved into this blog post. I sure miss my mom’s phone calls. That was our way of staying connected across the vast thousand mile distance between Ontario and Cape Breton. My mom just loved to talk on the phone with friends and family, especially during the last few years of her life when she wasn’t as active anymore. She would come out to the sunroom, sit in her favourite chair (sometimes with an orange cat in her lap) and phone people. She used to put on the speaker phone which I never liked, but she found it easier and my dad could listen in, too. I used to tell her I wasn't a phone person and that I preferred email and Facebook are since I express myself best in writing. What I wouldn't do for one of my mom’s phone calls now. Miss her every day. I'm adapting and going on, as one must do after losing a loved one, but life is defini...
I like dandelions too!
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for dandelions, eh, Loni? My lawn is covered in them. I'm sure my neighbours are staring out their windows in dismay. Dandelions are a no no around here. Rusty broken down cars are okay though. Figure that one out.
DeleteI was surprised when I found out dandelions were weeds because I reckon they can be quite pretty...yellow and bright and make you smile. What more do you want?? :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, PB. How can something so bright and pretty with those fun seeds you can blow be a noxious weed? Thanks for commenting.
DeleteOh yes, Cat! Standing out in the crowd isn't easy, but sometimes we have no choice! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo right, Corinne!
Delete