I is for Ideas



Today I had ideas for the letter I
But I couldn’t get any of them to fly,
Implementing them proved quite hard
Where was my elusive Bard?

Ideas just seem to fade away
Without Implementation to save the day,
So instead I write this sad little ditty
A tragic tale that isn’t pretty,

I apologize that this poem is flat
Guess I can’t do much about that!
I’ll do much better for the letter J
Tomorrow is another day!

This April I am participating in the A-Z Challenge 




and the NaPoWroMo Challenge NaPoWriMo where I will write a post and a poem for each letter of the alphabet each day in April except for Sundays.


Comments

  1. Oh, I so totally relate! Some days I wonder if I've completely run out of things to say... but inspiration always strikes again, eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes it's elusive but we always know it will return if we keep trying, right, Laurel?

      Delete
  2. Cat, that is a universal problem, so don't you worry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shilpa. I wrote lots for a poem about Improvisation but none of it was any good so I gave up on that idea.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the words just don't flow, but your little poem made them go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute, Suzy, you poetess extraordinaire, you! Thanks for the encouragement. At least when I'm blocked, I can find the humour if I look hard enough.

      Delete
  4. I love how you managed to turn something negative into something positive. :-)
    My link: http://www.devikafernando.com/blog/blogging-from-a-to-z-challenge-letter-j-jealousy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by the blog, Devika. Much appreciated. I will pop over to say hi on your blog. Glad you liked my silly rhyme.

      Delete
  5. This is SO clever, Cathy! ☺ Great way to turn it around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I hated not having something to post for I so I gave this a try. My poem on Improvisation just wasn't happening at all.

      Delete
  6. How true that sometimes ideas just fly out the window! It helps to write them down...better yet to implement them! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful effort. You really should stop putting yourself down :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference