R is for Rhyme



I can’t stop rhyming whatever I do
Rhyming words come out of the blue,
R is for Raisin, raspberry and Rick
So many R words for me to pick,

Reduce, reuse, recyle and reason
There is an R word for every season,
Rhododendron is a fun R word
The word ridiculous sounds absurd,

Some words with r that resonate
Relax, reprieve, and rejuvenate,
Rose, redemption and respect
Radiant, royal, and reflect,

Even if I fancy myself the next Dr. Seuss
Most people view me as a crazy recluse
So off I go to rhyme in my reverie
Reality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!


This April I am participating in the A-Z Challenge 






and the NaPoWroMo Challenge NaPoWriMo where I will write a post and a poem for each letter of the alphabet each day in April except for Sundays.

Comments

  1. You crack me up, you darling you :) I love this rhyme for no reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really refreshing rhyme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a rhyming queen, Cathy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Cat! As Shilpa rightfully said, you definitely are the Rhyming Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute poem Cat! And I concur with the others that you are definitely the Rhyming Queen! ;) I think you will find my R words today will resonate well with you... ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, that is brilliant! So many fun R words you use, and so fun to read. Just lovely dear:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was brilliant! I find it so hard to rhyme...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'd make a good Dr Seuss! I love rhymes too. Enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference