H is for Hour



 An hour = Sixty minutes = 
Three thousand, six hundred seconds

Precious time
slips away
like rainwater
down a sewer drain
Hours become days,
become weeks,
become months,
become years

In one hour I could:
Do housework  
Pay bills
Worry and fret
Procrastinate
Look at Facebook 
(A fun form of procrastination!)
Spend time with the family
Bake cookies
Take photographs
Scrapbook
Cuddle cats
Read a good book
Play my flute
Draw a picture
Go for a walk with Loup

With this precious hour in my life, 
I decided to write
this non-rhyming poem for the A-Z Challenge.

What would you do with your one hour?


This April I am participating in the A-Z Challenge 



and the NaPoWroMo Challenge NaPoWriMo where I will write a post and a poem for each letter of the alphabet each day in April except for Sundays.

Comments

  1. I love how you drew inspiration from real life for this poem. Looking at facebook takes ONLY an hour? Really? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Shailaja! I was sure it was only an hour on Facebook, wasn't it? Looks away and whistles.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could stop looking at FB all the time. There;s so many things we could do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Good one!! sometime FB is such a distraction :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many things to take our time, aren't there?! I wish there were more hours in the day to read, to draw, to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Yes, I get it, Cat. I am now going offline, lest I waste an hour going through FB and repent later! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference