F is for Fish

Today I am doing the letter F for Fish.

I am taking my inspiration from a print of a fish painting on our kitchen wall. I wondered what it would be like to be that poor fish, bored and stuck up on that wall all day long. Must be awfully dull. The poor fish has “no porpoise” as Lewis Carroll’s quote says.




I decided to write a nonsense poem about this idea.

Are you having any fun up there, Mr. Fish?
What would you do if you had your wish?
Would you go for a run or climb a tree?
Would you go for a coffee or a shopping spree?

Maybe you’d play some cards with your pals
Or go to the mall and chase some gals,
Maybe you’d go work out at the gym
Or drink a beer with Joe and Tim,

It must be hard to do nothing all day
I’m sure you’d rather go out and play,
At least no one will capture you
A paper fish probably tastes like glue!


This April I am participating in the A-Z Challenge 



and the NaPoWroMo Challenge NaPoWriMo where I will write a post and a poem for each letter of the alphabet each day in April except for Sundays.

Comments

  1. Hahah - loved this one Cat! Lucky one - at least no one will eat him as he is of plastic:-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a seafood lover so, I probably wouldn't eat the fish if it was real, either. However, your closing line is a winner! Thanks for the fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was simply FABULOUS, Cat! Loved it from the word go. Enjoyed it immensely. You make it seem so simple, Cat. Looking forward to reading many more such cute poems by you, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha That's A Fun Poem. I Have No Idea If A Paper Fish Would Taste Like Glue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such fun, Cat. I love your ditties :D Poor fish, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! That was fun, Cathy. Thanks for the smile! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference