M is for Music


For this poem, I wrote it in a ballad form and tried to use lots of M words.

Max, the musician, played music in the square
People often passed on by, as if he wasn’t there,
No one gave him money or paid him any mind
Until Maura appeared, a girl both fair and kind,

She stopped for a moment and listened to his song
He looked up with surprise when she began to sing along
Her voice was smooth like mocha fudge, he could listen to her all day
He fell in love with her that instant, and asked if she would stay,

A massive crowd gathered round, to listen to her sing
Max proposed to her that night, even though he had no ring,
They married in the month of May in the market where they met
They were so swept away by love, they barely noticed their debt,

Crowds came to hear Maura sing and she became a star
People came from all around, some even came quite far,
Finally their music paid off and began to make them rich
And now they have three kids named Melanie, Mark and Mitch.

This April I am participating in the A-Z Challenge 




and the NaPoWroMo Challenge NaPoWriMo where I will write a post and a poem for each letter of the alphabet each day in April except for Sundays.


Comments

  1. Oh, such a fun and delightful poem Cat! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elly. I had fun writing it as you could tell, I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet story, a love story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me being a sucker for a good love story, eh, Shilpa? Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Not only lots of M words were woven in this lovely ballad, but it had heart, and lots of it. What a beautiful little tale, it made me smile.

    I hope you are enjoying your A to Z journey.

    Sent with smiles, Jenny, Pearson Report
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @PearsonReport

    Also, thank you for visiting my blog. I have added myself to your Followers list - I will be back to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, PR! Nice to see you. Glad you liked my little romantic ballad.

      Delete
  4. Haha - thats the cutest love story, Cat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvellous, musical love story! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I like music like you do as you can tell.

      Delete
  6. If music be the food of love, play on. Absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

B is for Beauty of the Birds #AtoZChallenge

#MicroblogMonday - Small Actions Do Make a Difference